- Mushirul Hasan, Nationalism and Communal Politics in India, 1885-1930, Manohar, New Delhi, 1991 in Indian Economic and Social History Review, Vol. 29, No. 1, March 1992.
- J.B.P. Moore, The Political Evolution of Muslims in Tamil Nadu and Madras: 1930-1947, in Indian Review of Books, 16 December 1997-15 January, 1998.
- Abdus Samad, A Strip of Land Two Yards Long, Sahitya Akademi, New Delhi, 1997 in Biblio : A Review of Books, Vol. 11, No. 12, November-December 1998.
- “In the South Asian Diaspora”, Journal of Historical Studies, Nos. 5 & 6, June, 1999 – June 2000″.
- Shadow Lives : Writings on Widowhood edited by Uma Chakravarti & Preeti Gill & The Hindu Widow in Indian Literature by Rajul Sogani in Biblio, Vol. VII, Nos. 9 & 10, November-December, 2002.
- Debjani Sengupta (ed.), Mapmaking : Partition Stories from Two Bengals, Srishti Publishers, New Delhi, 2003 in Biblio: A Review of Books, Vol. VII, Nos. 11 & 12, November-December 2003